As the name suggests, Amazon dropshipping is a business model where you list products on Amazon and sell them, without actually owning the inventory or delivering the items to customers. That’s right; you are essentially running a business on Amazon without buying any stock or making upfront investments.
How to Dropship on Amazon
- Choose an ecommerce platform.
- Sell the right products.
- Create an Amazon seller account.
- Get approved in your product category.
- Set up your Amazon account on Shopify.
- Start dropshipping from Amazon to Shopify.
- Have Shopify track inventory.
- Start promoting your Amazon store
Dropshipping Business Model
In a dropshipping business model, you promote products and provide an online storefront . When a customer places an order, you send the order to the dropshipper and inform customers the products are on the way. The rest of the physical fulfillment process is out of your hands. In some dropshipping agreements, you may also handle customer service, while the dropshipping service manages the physical goods and fulfillment
How does dropshipping work?
The exact logistics of dropshipping depend on your arrangement, but typically the dropshipping process follows this general sequence:
- Seller signs agreement with dropshipper.
- Customer orders online.
- Seller receives order.
- Customer receives an order confirmation.
- Seller forwards the order to dropshipper.
- Dropshipper ships the order.
- Customer receives their product.